I came across several wonderful recipes with bulgur and vegetables and I couldn't decide on one variant… so here's what I came up with, one aromatic rich version :)
- Chop vegetables and mushrooms into cubes or leaves, separate broccoli into small flowers.
- Boil a vegetable soup cube in half a liter of water.
- The first group: finely chop the bacon, onion, garlic, sage and rosemary, and grate the lime and / or lemon. All together, with the addition of chilli if desired, sauté briefly in olive oil, just enough to release the smell.
- Add chopped vegetables, a little salt and pepper, and simmer until soft. When the vegetables have softened, add the bulgur and pour over the prepared stock. Bring to a boil and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- When the liquid evaporates add the juice and sliced tomatoes from the can, stir and cover. Let it cook until the bulgur is done (overall the bulgur should cook for about 10-15 minutes)
- When the bulgur is done, let any excess liquid evaporate. Add spices from the second group (chop the olives into smaller pieces), pepper, add salt if necessary and mix well.
- Serve warm with a little Parmesan.
Here are some very nice recipes with bulgur that inspired me: