Bulgur with chicken, leeks and mushrooms
A dish rich in carbohydrates, proteins and fiber, ideal for those who follow a diet, very healthy and also very tasty!
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add salt. Cut onions and carrots into small cubes. Cut the leek into strips longitudinally from the root to the leaves, so that the strips are joined at the root, so it is easiest to wash it, and then cut it into pieces 1 cm thick. Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a deep frying pan (wok) in olive oil, fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes, then take it aside to warm.
- Add more olive oil if needed, then add the onion. When it turns yellow, add the carrots, fry briefly, then add the leeks and mushrooms together and add salt. Wait for them to release the water, and during that time prepare vegetable stock in 500 ml of water, then after 2-3 minutes add the bulgur and cook it for another 10 minutes. After cooking, cover and let the bulgur absorb the rest of the liquid.
- When almost all the liquid from the vegetables has evaporated, return the chicken, add the crushed garlic, grated ginger, pepper and add more salt if needed.
- Add bulgur to the chicken and vegetables, remove from the heat and stir in a teaspoon of butter.