I got a bulgur (bigger) and a recipe from a friend from Turkey. I really liked it and decided to share it with you.
- Heat the oil to a medium temperature, add the red onion and fry it until it turns yellow. Add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano. Simmer for a few minutes and add the bulgur, stirring well.
- Add the hot chicken base (I usually boil the chicken a little and leave the water for the soup, and I can also buy chicken cubes, bases, etc.), mix well and cover with a lid, reduce the temperature and simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix together honey, tomato concentrate, a little water, salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and add to the bulgur.
- Cover and cook for about half an hour or until the bulgur absorbs all the liquid. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with fresh parsley and let it stand for another ten minutes.