Chili sauce the Macedonian way
Today I tried it at my daughter's, my son-in-law prepared it, it is excellent. I also received a jar as a gift and a recipe.
- Peppers should be very, very hot, (those bigger red pepperoni are used here) they are slightly roasted and peeled
- Tomatoes are also roasted and peeled
- Peppers, tomatoes, peeled garlic, and nutmeg are put in a blender and mixed well.
- When it is well mixed, add the other spices, mix again in a blender for a few minutes
- Fry in butter and olive oil until the desired density is obtained, or until the oil is absorbed into the peppers, which is approximately 10-15 minutes
- It is placed hot in small jars, which are sterilized in a hot oven at 75-100`C for about fifteen minutes.
- It can be used alone or as an additive, with various pastes and baked goods
- Good apetite
When peeling peppers, be careful because they are very hot and can burn your hands, so it is recommended to use gloves. picture