Calzone with zucchini and chicken
I prepared them both stuffed and marinated, cooked and baked, sweet and salty, in Trieste and Parisian, wrapped and unwrapped ..... So is there any other way I can prepare them? They! Zucchini! I found this recipe in Jutarnji and I can say that we ate fine today.
- Wash the chicken, dry it and cut it into smaller cubes, season with salt (vegeta), pepper and turmeric and leave it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Peel an onion and cut it into small cubes. Just wash the zucchini if they are young, cut off the top and stem and cut into 1 x 1 cm cubes. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and add marinated chicken. Fry until it gets a nice color. Remove the meat from the pan and cover it with aluminum foil. Fry the onion in the same oil until it becomes glassy, then add the zucchini and then the tomatoes. Fry. Add spices: salt / vegeta, pepper and a little turmeric. Add the meat and fry a little more until the vegetables are soft. Add the parsley leaf and cool.
- Sift flour, mix dry yeast and salt. Make a hole in which to pour oil and warm water in which a teaspoon of sugar has been previously dissolved. Mix with a spatula or mixer with spirals, then process the dough with your hands on a board until it becomes elastic. Put it in a bowl sprinkled with flour, cover with cling film and let it rise. After half an hour the dough is ready for further processing.
- Divide the risen dough into 6 parts. Lightly coat the large baking sheet (preferably the black one purchased with the stove) with oil (fingers). Roll out each piece of dough round (or similar to a round shape), put 3-4 tablespoons of the filling on the bottom half and sprinkle with grated gouda. Fold the dough into a crescent, twist the edges of the dough and press with a fork. Coat each calzone lightly with milk. Bake on high heat until golden brown.
Serve with a seasonal salad or ajvar or ....