Buncek with vegetables
These days, I tried another recipe recorded in the show "Food and Wine" by Čakovec's SRCE-TV. And this time the feeling of good and simple food did not let me down. It was a complete hit and we were happy to share a delicious meal with our friend Nada. Although cooking this dish takes a little longer, the effort pays off, as it is the right way to remarkably combine the flavors of smoked and dried pork buncek (shortbread) and fresh vegetables. If you like these simple folk dishes, this recipe will attract your attention… ..
- Prepare all the ingredients for this dish.
- Wash the bun and put it to cook together with the cleaned and washed white beans and cook everything for about 1.5 hours, or until the meat softens. Meanwhile, cut: potatoes into cubes, carrots into small rolls, onions and garlic into small pieces and greens into slightly larger cubes or strips.
- Remove the bun from the water in which it was cooked and drain the beans, but save the water. Sprinkle oil on the baking dish with a lid, then transfer the cooked bun to it and arrange the cooked beans around it. Don’t worry if the beans aren’t completely soft.
- Then add the carrots ....
- ... then onions and garlic and then potatoes.
- Cover everything with sliced cabbage, sprinkle with oil, sprinkle with and pepper ....
- ..... and pour water in which the buncek and beans are cooked.
- Pour white wine over everything and place without a lid in an oven preheated to 200 ° C and bake for one hour.
- Then take it out of the oven, sprinkle with sweet red pepper, pepper and add a little salt. Don’t worry that the greens are still a little hard at this point. Now cover the pan with a lid and return to the oven and continue baking, at a temperature of 200 ° C, for another 30 minutes.
- Now this delicious dish is ready and you can put the dish in which it was baked on the table.
- Take out the bun and cut it into pieces and serve together with the vegetables.