Bulgur is a type of crushed wheat. It is a good substitute for rice, pasta and potatoes. It is easy to cook and to freeze.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and 2 dl of bulgur to 4 dl of hot water. Stir with a fork, cover and cook for 12 minutes on low heat.
- While the bulgur is cooking, bone the chicken or if part of the meat is boneless just cut it into cubes. * Vegan option: avocado slices, take out the pits and cut into cubes.
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes. Put everything in a bowl in which the salad is served. Stir in salt, pepper and sprinkle with oil. Stir.
- When the bulgur is cooked, set it aside and let it rest for 5 minutes. Stir the warm bulgur carefully with a fork to get a loose fine bulgur.
- Mix the desired amount of bulgur with previously prepared vegetables. If desired, put a cube of feta cheese or a little chopped parsley leaf
- Taste. If necessary or desired, add a little more spice.
With this salad, nothing else is needed because it is served with seasonal vegetables and vegetables that are on hand. Eventually hard-boiled halves of eggs can be added. A glass of cold drink will not be out of the question. Good apetite