Baked cauliflower in bechamel sauce and cream cheese
One word - creamy .. I served it with fried white meat in sesame ..
- Boil the cauliflower flowers until they are hard cooked. And arrange them in a fireproof bowl or small baking tray.
- Melt the butter on the fire, then add the flour, stirring constantly. When the mixture starts to thicken, add milk and mix well until the sauce thickens and leaves no lumps. Add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, add salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese with the eggs, add salt and finely chopped primrose leaves or basil.
- Bake the cauliflower in the bechamel sauce for about half an hour, until it melts, then pour over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Serving with fried white meat or by choice, with us it was a light lunch. :-)