Aromatic pork with rice croquettes
I have never put a longer title :) And as for the dish, I have to be immodest and say that it is really great! It smelled so beautiful while baking, that it tempted me to try it, even though I'm not a meat lover ... But I didn't just try it, I also ate it, because it was very juicy and tasty. :) And just croquettes ... they are a special story ... a story you will surely enjoy! :)
- Prepare the meat first. Spread it with a hammer, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork, then add the milk and stir. Roll the meat in flour, then in eggs and finally in breadcrumbs. Heat the oil well, then fry the meat on both sides, briefly, just to catch the crust. Take it out. I used lard instead of oil for frying.
- Prepare the meat topping. Add ketchup, sour cream, grated cheese and spices to the mixture of eggs and milk left over from frying, and stir to evenly evenly. Arrange the meat in a small oiled pan, so that it is in one row and there is not too much space between them. Pour over the cheese mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the croquettes. Boil the rice in slightly salted water, then drain it. Add finely chopped salami, finely chopped onion, cheese, salt and season with pepper to taste, then knead the mixture with your hands. Make balls in the desired size. I made them like some bigger apricots and I got exactly 15 pieces.
- Roll the rice balls in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs and fry them in a small amount of well-heated oil, until nicely browned on all sides.
- Meat prepared in this way can also be served with mashed potatoes, potato croquettes, polenta or porridge. The choice is great, and these rice croquettes are just one of the suggestions.
Serve warm with the chosen side dish and some fresh salad or pickle.