"2 of 1" Pastries with cheese and chard
Beautiful pastry, tasty and soft. When I was halfway with the pastry shaping, I decided to shape the other half of the dough differently and a wonderful cake was made! Of course you can make only pastries or just a loaf from half the amount of ingredients - the choice is yours.
- First we put the yeast with water, sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour to add.
- In a large bowl, pour flour, 2 teaspoons of salt, oil, yogurt that stood at room temperature, pastries, leftover yeast and add lukewarm milk to knead a smooth dough. Cover with a cloth and let it grow for about 20-30 minutes.
- Preparation of the spread: Whisk with a mixer 200 g of margarine with 3 egg yolks and one tablespoon of flour.
- Preparation of the filling: briefly boil 8 chard leaves, then place them on a board, cut them into small pieces and squeeze with your hands. Put 400 g of small cheese in one bowl, add squeezed chard and 2 egg whites.
- Knead the dough briefly on the floured work surface and divide it into 4 parts. We shape the balls and set them aside.
- From each dough, stretch a rectangular crust with a length of about 70 cm, coat 1/4 of the spread, sprinkle the filling over the entire crust by hand and roll it up.
- Cut each roll into 8 parts and arrange in a greased pan. Leave to grow for 20 minutes, coat with whipped egg whites and sprinkle with sesame seeds. We put a little margarine on each pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 25-30 minutes.
- After shaping 2 rolls (one tray), I decided to cut the other 2 rolls into zigzag shapes, arrange the resulting triangles in a greased tray the size of 28 cm without any counting, just how many triangles I had. Coat with egg whites, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in the same way. It turned out to be an unplanned but wonderful cake.
- Baked bread
- Pastries and cakes of the same dough and filling.
Serve with yogurt, sour milk or to your taste. Good appetite !!! I want to mention that I didn’t have chard yesterday so I put on spinach and the pastries are equally delicious and soft!