For baskets filled with cheese filling, gruyere cheese is used - a specialty from the eponymous region of Switzerland. It is most often used for fondue, but the aromatic and full taste makes it very tempting for preparing sandwiches and savory cakes.
- Add the flour, sliced butter, egg, and cream, and knead a crispy dough.
- Leave the dough to stand in a cool place for about an hour, then roll it out to a thickness of 3-4 mm.
- Cut circles with a glass or a round mold (ø 10-12 cm) and then line the molds (ø 8 cm). Bake the dough in molds in an oven preheated to 220 ° C for ten minutes.
- Prepare the cheese filling as follows: grate the cheese, add Vegeta, pepper, nutmeg, scrambled eggs, cream and mix everything well.
- Fill the half-baked baskets with the cheese filling and continue to bake at 180 ° C for another 20 minutes.
Take the warm baskets out of the mold and serve as a small dish or appetizer with lettuce.
The baskets will be tastier if you use two types of cheese to prepare the filling.