Cute potato strudel? Why not! Aromatic potatoes with the addition of lemon, vanilla sugar, almonds and raisins wrapped in thin crusts will delight you. The only dilemma is - to use almonds or hazelnuts?
- Peeled potatoes cut into cubes, cook, drain, then make a puree and cool.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, ground almonds, grated lemon zest and juice, and raisins previously soaked in rum to the potatoes.
- Use the prepared stuffing to prepare the two strudels as follows. Coat three thin crusts with melted butter and place one on top of the other.
- Put half the amount of stuffing on the crust (do not coat the crust with the stuffing, but apply the stuffing about 8 cm wide with a spoon).
- Put another crust over the stuffing, coat with butter and fold together. Do the same with the remaining filling and thin crusts.
- Place the strudels on an oiled mold and bake in an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 35-40 minutes.
Cool the baked strudels a little, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
The strudel will be even more aromatic if you replace the almonds with roasted hazelnuts.