Marinated eggplants and zucchini
A specialty of Tuscan cuisine is summer refreshment from the typical fruits of the Mediterranean. Apart from being unusual, simple and delicious, it is very practical since it can stay in the fridge for several days. It is extremely suitable with grilled meat.
- Clean zucchini and eggplant and cut into 0.5 cm thick slices.
- Salt them, but the aubergines a little earlier, so that the salt will extract the bitter juice from them. Then dry them well with absorbent paper. Cut the garlic into thin slices and the pepper into rings.
- Arrange the zucchini and eggplants in one layer on an oiled baking sheet, oil them lightly on the surface and place them in the oven at 220 ° C for about 15 minutes.
- Arrange the roasted aubergines and zucchini in a bowl, and sprinkle each row with garlic leaves.
- Bring the vinegar, water, pepper and to a boil and pour hot over the vegetables. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and leave covered overnight.
Marinated eggplants and zucchini can be served as a stand-alone meal or as a side dish to various dishes.
You can store vegetables prepared in this way in the refrigerator for a few days. Served with slices or cubes of white sheep cheese and a slice of prosciutto, it will be a nice and tasty, real Mediterranean meal.