Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken is really meat with which we can make hundreds of different dishes without each being tasty, easy and quick to make in its own way. Tikka Masala, one of the most popular Indian dishes whose original recipe is claimed by both Indians from Punjab or Uttar a and Indians in Great Britain. The dish that VB calls their national dish because it is also one of the most popular. Tikka Masala, as they say, originated because when the Indians served chicken tikka to the British, it was too dry for their taste, so the Indians made a sauce to satisfy the wishes of the customers and that is how this dish was created. Either way we make tikku masala like this and the taste is really phenomenal. Try it.
- First cut the chicken into cubes. Put yogurt, masala, coriander and salt in a bowl. Mix.
- Put the cut chicken in the yoghurt mixture and mix well. Cover with cellophane and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I usually leave it overnight so I can make dinner the next day after work.
- In another bowl put all the spices, masala, coriander, turmeric, curry, cumin, garlic and ginger. Grind in a mortar or grinder.
- Add oil and butter to melt, then add chopped red onion to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the mixed spices and tomato puree and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir. Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and milk and cook at a reduced temperature until the chicken is done for about 10-15 minutes. Try it.
- Serve over rice and with naan or pita bread.
If you are not able to get garam masala here I found a good recipe set by una64.