Chicken liver with apples and onions
The apple gives a fresh note and a completely different dimension to the dish. I like to serve flavored polenta and beetroot with cumin as a side dish.
- Remove the veins and membrane of the chicken liver, wash them and dry them.
- Peel an apple, cut it into quarters, remove the seeds and cut it into quarters. Drizzle them with lemon juice and fry them in a little butter.
- Red onion cut into crescents. Heat half the butter and fry the sliced onion on it until golden yellow.
- In another pan, heat the remaining butter and add the chicken liver that you previously rolled in the cornflour. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Place 4 slices of rye bread on the grill in the oven and bake until golden yellow. Put the finished slices of bread on a plate, place the liver, slices of red onion and apple on them, season with salt, pepper and fresh marjoram leaves,