One cheesecake to the liking of my brother who adores chestnut puree
- I made the cake in a mold fi 20. Coat the outside of the mold well with aluminum foil because the cheesecake is baked in a water bath, so this step is important that water does not enter the cake itself while baking. Mix the biscuits, melted butter and chestnut puree and the resulting mixture press into the mold. Then place the prepared base in the fridge while you prepare the cream.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and rum with a mixer.
- When you have mixed it all together well, add one egg at a time, mix a little between each addition of the egg. Finally, add the chestnut puree and lime juice. Once again, mix the cream so that the chestnut blends finely with the rest of the cream.
- Then pour the cream on the biscuit base, flatten it and it is ready for the oven.
- Put the cake mold in the pan, my pan is about 4 cm deep, and pour hot water around it. Bake the cake at 180 degrees for about 90 minutes. After you turn off the oven, leave the baked cake closed in the oven for another half an hour to rest. take it out and leave it to cool completely. You can decorate it with whipped cream as in my case and when serving, pour the topping over it.
- Make the topping by mixing all the ingredients and cooking them to a medium density. Cool it and pour it over the cake when serving.
the recipe is from renowned journalist and food blogger Nigella Lawson, with a couple of my modifications