Carob and orange cake
An irresistible blend of carob and orange.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a steamer, then cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until they turn white. Add the juice and grated rind of half an orange, melted chocolate and carob mixed with baking powder. Finally, lightly stir in the egg whites.
- Cake mold Ø26 cm or baking tray 37x22 cm, lightly toss. Put baking paper on the bottom, then pour out the biscuit mixture. Bake at 125 ° C for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, then cool.
- When the biscuit has cooled, cut it horizontally into two parts. Carefully remove the top biscuit, as it is very juicy, soft and therefore brittle. It is best to lift the biscuit a little and underline a thin board or similar just below it. Melt the jam over low heat. Place the lower part of the biscuit on a serving plate, coat with half of the melted jam and cover with another biscuit. Coat the torah on all sides with the rest of the jam and store in the fridge to squeeze the jam.
- When the jam has set, pour the chocolate glaze over the cake.
- For the glaze, put the milk, sugar and shredded chocolate over a low heat and stir until the chocolate has melted. Finally, stir in the butter.
- Serve with whipped sweet cream.