Cannelloni with spinach and cottage cheese in tomato sauce
A hearty lunch, one of my favorite main dishes :)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Blanch and chop the chard (spinach). Heat the oil in a pan, add finely chopped garlic, onion and simmer for about 3-5 minutes until soft. When it softens, add a teaspoon of butter, blanched chard, beaten egg and season everything with salt, pepper, and stir and let it simmer for 2-3 times.
- Immerse the cannelloni in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened, carefully remove them and prepare a pot of cold water and transfer them to cold water. Carefully remove, drain and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Fill the cannelloni with two tablespoons of spinach and fresh ricotta cheese or cottage cheese as desired and roll up.
- Tomato sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onion, garlic and simmer until soft. Mix tomatoes and peppers in a blender. Add mashed tomatoes, basil, parsley, rosemary, a tablespoon of olive oil and a mixture from a blender to the pan and season everything with salt, pepper, and stir and simmer gently until thickened.
- Separate part of the sauce from the side, and pour part into an oiled refractory dish, arrange the cannelloni, pour the rest of the sauce over them, cover them with pieces of mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 220 degrees, about 20 - 25 minutes.