Cake on the beautiful blue Danube
Many years ago, I read an article in a newspaper about an exile who, apart from personal documents, saved only a collection of recipes she had been collecting for years from her home. Along with the article, there was also a recipe for this cake.
- Make egg whites, add sugar, egg yolks, ground walnuts, flour, baking powder and lemon juice. Bake at 180 degrees, about 20-25 minutes. Cool the biscuit and put the cream on it in this order:
- The first cream - steam the egg yolks and sugar in the chilled add half of the made butter. It is best to make the whole butter with 5 blankets of sugar and divide it in half for the first and half for the second cream. Put the cream on the biscuit.
- Second cream - Put milk to boil with sugar and chocolate and add walnuts. Add the rest of the half-made butter to the cooled one and put this cream over the first one.
- Steam the egg whites with the sugar. Separately fry 5 tablespoons of sugar and pour a little water, then boil to get a thick juice. Pour the syrup into the egg whites and cool a bit, then put over the top two creams. This is the original part of the recipe, I put all the amount of sugar in a bowl (9 + 5 tablespoons) on it two tablespoons of water and cook a thick syrup, I put that syrup in egg whites. It's so much easier for me, and it's just as good.
- Sprinkle the cake with grated chocolate at the end, I take cocoa.
Before serving, it is better to take the cake out of the fridge for half an hour to release the cream a bit.