Buncek in a new way
Thinly sliced buncek, and instead of the classic kale stew in a more refined way, as well as a spicy sauce - it is an interesting dish with a well-known home-made taste, which can be served on more festive occasions.
- Boil the washed shank briefly, drain the water and put it to boil again together with Vegeta. Leave to simmer on low heat for about an hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the cooked shank, separate the bones, and cut the meat into thin slices and place them in a little hot broth.
- Separate the cabbage leaves from the head, thin or remove the middle thickened part. Wash them and cut into about 4 cm thick pieces.
- Saute the kale prepared in this way on 30 g of butter, pour over a cup of the knuckle soup and simmer slowly for about 10 minutes. Add salt if necessary.
- Prepare the sauce separately: Stir the flour into the remaining heated butter, pour in 200 ml of the broth from the knee and mix well. Add the cream and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Towards the end of cooking, season with marjoram, pepper and mustard.
Arrange the pieces of meat, stewed kale and part of the prepared sauce on a heated plate. Serve the remaining sauce separately. Serve boiled potatoes with this dish as a side dish.
Buncek (shank) must be cooked slowly, not at a high temperature to stay juicy.