Bullar (Swedish pastry)
I found this recipe on a bag of flour, I tried to make it and it turned out great. So I hope you will too.
- Mix yeast, salt, cardamom, sugar and egg in warm milk.
- Add 7dl of flour, and mix well.
- Add the rest of the flour and soft margarine. (it is best to leave the margarine at room temperature to soften)
- Mix it all well.
- Cover the bowl and let it rise for about 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out on the table and shape it into small round loaves (about the same as in the picture, a little less, because they come later)
- Put the pastries on a baking sheet and cover them. Leave ca.25-30 min to rise.
- Coat them with egg and decorate with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes
With black coffee or tea :)