Bulgur pilaf and chickpeas
Bulgur, chickpeas, lamb .... and a little wheat germ, like a full and fine lunch!
- Soak the chickpeas in water the night before.
- Meat, preferably ham, cut into cubes and put in a little oil and 50 g of butter and simmer over high heat, then add water to cover the meat, salt and reduce the heat. Cook to soften the meat and if necessary add more water.
- Cut the onion into cubes and sauté on the rest of the butter until it turns yellow. Add the diced tomato or tomato puree and mix a little more. Add all this to the minced meat, mix well and pour three cups of water. Let it cook for 5 minutes, then add a cup of bulgur.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat, then cook a little more, while peeling the chickpeas as they become tastier.
- Shake the meat and bulgur in a fireproof bowl or casserole, add the chickpeas, if you need a little more seasoning. Cover the casserole or bowl with baking paper that we slightly moistened with water and bake at 180 until the dish is finely browned. During this time, the bulgur will be fine boiled, and shaken!
- Fry a little chickpeas together with wheat germ in olive oil and decorate the dish on a plate.
Serve with a seasonal salad, I made from dandelion, spring onions and fried chickpeas and wheat germ!