Bulgur in peppers
Roasted peppers as dishes for aromatic bulgur, all on a juicy mushroom base :)
- Boil the bulgur in twice the amount of slightly salted water to which you have added a tablespoon of oil (cook for 10-15 min).
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a pan (no oil!) And chop them. I chopped them in the oven. Peel a leek and finely chop the stalk. Fry the leeks in a little olive oil.
- Prepared and dried peppers prepare for stuffing: cut them at a height of about 1-2 cm from the stalk and clean from seeds and thickening.
- Mix the cooked bulgur with the leeks, pine nuts and garlic that you previously cleaned and chopped. Add chopped basil, pepper and add salt if necessary.
- Fill each pepper to the top with the filling and cover with a ‘cap’. Arrange the peppers in a slightly oiled refractory dish so that they stand upright, and coat the caps with olive oil. Bake them in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes at 190 ° C (at a lower level in the oven).
- While the peppers are roasting, prepare a mushroom side dish: chop the green part of the leek into strips, clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Chop the cleaned garlic.
- Fry the leeks briefly in a little olive oil (just to smell) and add the mushrooms. Add salt, pepper and sauté in the liquid they release while stirring - without adding water. When the excess liquid evaporates, add the chopped garlic and soy cream and simmer for another minute or 2, stirring, over a low heat.
Serve the peppers on a base of nice mushrooms. Bulgur in peppers is loose, so peppers are dishes that shrink during eating :) If you do not insist on the veggie option, you can add grated cheese, for example, to the filling, so you will have a more classic filling… you have something similar here. Bulgur in peppers (without mushrooms) works great as a side dish to spicy mackerel by BABILU :: arma filled peppers in 3 colors according to this recipe and photographed them with style :: Vesna-69- super prepared and photographed them :: beautiful performance by SaKaDi ...