Buhtle (Honeycombs) from wholemeal flour
Here are some slightly different buns, the recipe is from the best cooking magazine in our country, which I have all editions, wholemeal flour and honey… you have to have more time, you won't be sorry, I made them for my wife who is on a diet and loves cakes….
- Melt the yeast in 4 tablespoons of lukewarm milk, and the rest with butter, honey and salt
- Then mix everything together, add flour, lemon zest, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, cloves and place a softer silk dough (add more lukewarm water or milk if necessary)
- Put in the cold or in the refrigerator for 3 hours
- Stir and leave for another 30 minutes in the cold
- On the work surface, stretch a rectangle 30 × 40 cm and cut into squares about 6 cm
- Put a teaspoon of stuffing (cherry jam, roasted hazelnuts, and rum) to taste on each
- Shape the buns (honeycombs), roll them in melted butter or coat them with butter, and arrange them in a bowl with the joint facing down (about 35 pcs) in small 2-3 bites.
- Let them simmer in the heat for a while
- You can make a little smaller and put it in a bowl for kuglof
- Bake at 180 for about 35 to 40 minutes
- Separate the warm ones and sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Fry the hazelnuts at 180 C and chop or grind them before baking
- mix with jam and rum
- I put even younger on each apricot jam
You can serve it with vanilla sauce, wine, etc.….