a recipe I copied a long time ago from an old cookbook. it is very generous and not too demanding.
- Prepare the yeast.
- Beat butter, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons sugar, add yeast.
- Add alternating milk and flour and orange and lemon peel.
- Leave covered in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. Separate small balls the size of half a hand (larger or smaller if desired) from the risen dough. Lightly roll them out by hand, fill them with half a teaspoon of jam, close well so that the jam does not come out.
- Arrange the finished balls next to each other on the shape of your choice (round or square for cakes). Put a small sheet of butter on each (I use a potato peeler).
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180 ° C until slightly browned. Sprinkle warm with powdered sugar.