Broccoli and cauliflower in puff pastry
A simple recipe that I found in a mini-cookbook that was shared with the daily newspaper, with my small changes :-)
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and cook in salted water. Strain and cool
- In a bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, cheese, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Add broccoli and cauliflower to the mixture and mix everything well. You can also add a few flowers if you wish.
- Roll out the puff pastry thinly into a rectangle. Spread the mixture of broccoli and cauliflower along the longer edge of the dough, then wrap it like a strudel
- Place the strudel on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, coat it with beaten egg, grate some cheese on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180 C, ie until the dough is nicely browned
- Serve with sour cream or yogurt, if desired, and with a seasonal salad. Good apetite!!