Basket cake with roses
- First, beat the egg whites well with a mixer. Add six tablespoons of hot water to the egg yolks and beat them with a mixer. Add sugar to the egg yolks and mix with a mixer until pale yellow. Add sifted flour and baking powder together and continue to mix with a mixer. Add the egg whites carefully, stirring slowly from the bottom to the top. Pour into the prepared mold and bake at 180 ° for about 30 minutes. Do not open the oven for the first 20 minutes. After 25 minutes, try with a toothpick if it is baked enough. When the cake is baked, leave it to cool well on the grill. From this mixture, a very high cake is obtained that fills the entire 26 cm mold.
- For the topping, drain the strawberries from the can. Add 3 tablespoons of strawberry liqueur to the resulting syrup (250 ml). Dry the strawberries well with kitchen paper.
- For the cream, put 50 g of sugar, 20 g of flour and a little vanilla in a pot. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Put on the fire and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix the mascarpone with the powdered sugar and add the cold cream. Mix everything well. Cut the strawberries from the compote into pieces and carefully add them to the cream.
- When the cake is perfectly cold, cut it into three crusts with a knife. Arrange the sides of the cake with a knife so that they are slightly narrower at the bottom and wider towards the top.
- Pour the topping over the first crust.
- I divide the topping into three cups so it’s easier to see how much is spent.
- Spread half the cream. Put another crust and pour the topping over it. Coat with the rest of the cream. Coat the back crust with the topping to the undersides but a little less than the first two. Put the last crust on the cake and press everything a little to distribute the cream well. Remove excess cream.
- For the butter cream, beat the butter with the sugar well with a mixer. When you get a soft cream, add Nutella and mix everything carefully. If desired, add a little strawberry liqueur and stir. .
- Cover the cake with butter cream. The butter does not have to be flat. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours for the butter to set well.
- After a few hours, cover the cake with fondant or plastic chocolate. To make a basket you need about 800 g of plastic chocolate.
- Cover the top of the cake with green fondant.
- Arrange the roses on the cake before use.