The smell of almonds is spreading, these cookies with a picturesque name are melting in your mouth… Another wonderful recipe by Dr. Oetkera.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and sift on a work surface. Add the remaining ingredients and knead the dough. Wrap in foil and place in a cool place for 30 min.
- From the hardened dough, form 4-5 rolls with a diameter of 2 cm. Cut each into 2 cm long pieces and shape them into balls.
- Beat the egg whites with a fork. Dip each ball into the egg whites on one side first, then dip into the almonds. Arrange them on the prepared sheet so that there is no almond side on the bottom. Using a spoon or blunt end of the cooker, press a hollow into each ball. Put the tin in the oven.
- Bake at 180 C for about 15 minutes.
- Cool the baked biscuits.
- Add water to the shaker and bring to the boil, then place it in the recesses on the cakes with a spoon.
I already buy almonds cut into sticks, so it's easy to just chop them extra. After melting the jelly, wait for it to harden a bit, it won’t spill when decorating the cookies.