Ancient Dalmatian compound
One very, very old recipe .... with my little changes ....
- First, peel the aubergines, cut them thinly lengthwise, salt them well and let them stand for about half an hour. After half an hour, wash them, dry them with paper towels and arrange them in a previously greased pan. Coat each eggplant on top with a little oil. Bake at 225 degrees only on the top heater for about 13 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it thinly. Coat the pan with oil and sprinkle with about a spoonful of bread crumbs (to absorb excess liquid from the zucchini), sprinkle with a little oil and bake on the upper heater at 225 degrees for twelve minutes.
- Fry the finely chopped onion until golden brown. Add the meat and fry until the water disappears from the meat. Then add all the listed spices and spaghetti sauce. Mix, add water and when it starts to cook, reduce to a low heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle a 40x26 cm deep baking tray with some bread crumbs and arrange half of the zucchini on the bottom. Put half of the prepared sauce over the zucchini. Then arrange the aubergines, pour over the rest of the sauce and arrange the rest of the zucchini over. Sprinkle with the rest of the bread crumbs.
- Whisk the above topping ingredients and pour over the complexion.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes or until nicely browned. Allow to cool for fifteen minutes before serving.