The first attempt to make these fine baskets failed. I didn’t give up and looked for a new recipe. Here are the results I am more than happy with. Baskets are very popular in Denmark, they are used with different fillings on almost all occasions. They are very practical for me, you can make them a few days earlier, and have them when your guests come. Uh, I almost forgot: - they are very tasty!
- Blanch the almonds (put the almonds in boiling water, leave briefly in the water on a hot plate, try to peel the peel easily, if not leave a little more in the water). Cool the almonds with cold water, peel the shrimp, dry well with paper napkins and grind finely.
- Mix all the ingredients in one bowl, melt over low heat. The mixture should simmer and stir constantly. Since it starts to crackle, 5 minutes is enough. to be on low heat with constant stirring.
- Cover a large baking tray with baking paper. Place one tablespoon of the mixture on four sides (no more, as the mixture spreads when heated) Lightly spread the mixture in circles. Shape the whole mixture immediately, as it is easier to spread while it is still warm. If you don’t have enough trays, just divide them into baking paper that is easy to transfer to the tray later. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 * (turn off the hot air option), for one slice more than the middle for about 5-7 minutes. until the balgo mixture turns yellow. The recipe says to get 10, but I dropped 9 smaller baskets.
- When done, take it out of the oven and cut the paper into 4 parts. Wait for it to cool a little, but only a little.
- Take one cup, which you place in the middle of the slightly cooled mixture.
- Gently lift all four ends of the paper up.
- Then turn the glass and press the mixture lightly along the edges of the glass, making (shaping) baskets.
- Remove the paper and leave the now visible baskets to cool.
- You can coat the cooled baskets with melted chocolate if you wish. Store them in a tightly closed box or glass bowl with a lid.
You can fill them with ice cream, fruit salad or some other creams you like.