A cake for a friend
Don't walk behind me; I may not guide you. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow you. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ”(Albert Camus) For real and virtual friendships, a chocolate cake. It’s reminiscent of a Reform cake, but it’s not a Reform cake, but some of my improvisation. Recipes suffer from improvisation, friendships do not.
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff batter. Add the sugar and mix more. Reduce the mixer, mix in the flour.
- Add the hazelnuts, gently stir them into the mixture with a spatula, lifting it from the bottom to the top of the bowl. For each crust, make a new mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the mold with baking paper and bake each crust separately.20 minutes at 180 st. I baked in a mold 24 cm, and got a pretty low cake.Who likes taller cakes, let them bake in a mold 22, but 4 crusts.
- While the crusts are cooling, prepare the cream. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks with a mixer. Transfer the mixture to a steaming pot, and continue to mix the mixture while it is cooking. I mix for about 15 minutes, so far the mixer has not rebelled, and I hope it will not. This is the most tedious part of the job.
- Put the chocolate cubes in the cooked egg yolk cream. Wait a few minutes and mix with a mixer on the lowest speed. Transfer the cream to another bowl and let it cool.
- Make the butter frothy. You do not have to wash the mixer whisks in this process.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate cream spoon by spoon made butter.
- Now you have to wash the whisks from the mixer. Whip the sweet cream and mix it lightly into the cream.
- Top the cake with cream, and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Knead the fondant according to the instructions on the box, and make decorations. I made kale flowers, and the picture was great for my mother's VT.
- For the ganache cream, heat the sweet cream to boiling, and pour over the chocolate. Wait a few minutes, and stir until the chocolate melts. Add the oil. Separate a little of the cake spread mixture, put the rest in the fridge. Be careful not to cool too much, you won't be able to sprinkle chocolate roses.
- Smear the ganache cake with cream. Put it in the fridge to squeeze the chocolate a little. Roll out the fondant and make a wide strip around the cake.
- Sprinkle ganache cream decorations, and decorate the cake as desired.
- Keep the cake at room temperature for about half an hour before serving.
See the gluten-free version HERE