We will choose a fruit cake when we want a light and juicy refreshment, and this one is just like that! Crispy dough with an element of surprise (almonds!), Cooked vanilla cream and seasonal fruit, of course, need and - whipped cream at the end!
- Crush the flour and chilled, sliced butter well, then add sugar, egg yolks, ground almonds, grated lemon zest and knead a crispy dough.
- Leave it to rest in a cool place for 1-2 hours. Knead the dough a little and roll it out into a circle the size of a shallow cake baking tin.
- Coat the mold with butter, cover it with dough, and lift the edge a little. Place the oven at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes.
- Cool the baked dough and coat it with vanilla cream. Arrange the washed, well-drained fruit on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Then prepare the cake topping according to the instructions on the bag, then pour it over the fruit and let it cool.
- Preparethevanilla cream as follows: mix the egg yolks and sugar well, add the vanilla sugar, corn starch and a little cold milk. Mix everything and boil in the remaining hot milk.
- Stirring, cook for 8-10 minutes at a moderate temperature until thickened. Add a little rum if desired. Cool the cooked cream.
Serve the cake with whipped sweet cream.
If you want, you can coat the dough with apricot jam and then spread the vanilla cream.