A black man in a shirt
The traditional, highly prized dessert of old Viennese cuisine in the original is, like most desserts of the last century, a real energy bomb. We tried to reduce its energy value without compromising its taste and aesthetics.
- Cut the buns into cubes, pour in 5 to 6 tablespoons of warm milk and mix. Whisk the softened butter with 60 g of sugar, egg yolks and melted chocolate. Add pre-mixed chopped buns, crumbs and ground almonds.
- Beat the egg whites semi-firmly, add the remaining sugar (30 g) and a few drops of lemon juice and then beat until very firm. Stir carefully into the mixture of egg yolks and buns.
- Coat the mold with butter, sprinkle with crumbs and fill with the mixture. Place in an oven preheated to 180 ° C, but in a bowl of water. Bake for about an hour. Then turn off the oven, open it, and let the cake evaporate a bit.
- To prepare the glaze: place the broken chocolate in a bowl on another bowl with boiling water and melt the chocolate, stirring gently. Bring the sweet cream to a boil and add to the melted chocolate.
- Remove from the water bath and continue to stir with a snow whisk until you get a uniform smooth mass.
Pour chocolate glaze over the baked cake and serve with whipped sweet cream.
Instead of whipped sweet cream, you can use whipped cream made with water.