A beautiful apple pie
We have been in love with this blend of apples and raisins from the first moment. There are cinnamon and rum, a great combination! Recipe-Lisa.
- Sift the flour and make a hollow in the middle. Cut the cold butter into pieces and place them in the cavity, add the egg, a tablespoon of water, rum as desired and a pinch of salt.
- Mix everything until you get a compact mixture, and you can also add a tablespoon of two milks.
- Shape into a ball of dough, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, cut the dough in half, then spread one half over the pie tin that you previously greased with a little butter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- For the filling, cut peeled apples into quarters and slices, mix them with sugar, cinnamon and raisins, and spread the mixture over the half-baked dough.
- Use the remaining dough to make a pie hoop, strips, noodles and other decorations to make the pie have a lattice-like finish.
- Stir the egg yolks with a tablespoon of water and coat the grills and the edge, then bake for about 35 minutes.
- When the pie is done, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Instead of rum, which disappeared that very day, I put raisins in lime liqueur, it was also a great aroma!