Wild rabbit chewing gum
The game is best prepared, they claim, by the hunters themselves. As hunting is more and more a sport and a tourist offer, game dishes are also changing, so instead of a wild rabbit, a tame rabbit "jumps" into the pot according to classic recipes.
- Put vinegar, carrots, celery and parsley cut into rings, pepper, pine, bay leaf, salt, in the water and cook for about an hour. Cool the brine prepared in this way.
- Pour the cooled brine over the cleaned rabbit and let it stand overnight in a cool place. Take the rabbit out of the brine, dry it, cut it into smaller pieces and add salt.
- Fry it on all sides in heated oil. When it takes on a nice color, add the finely chopped onion and garlic, and stir everything together briefly.
- Then stir in the pepper, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Cover and continue to simmer over low heat, occasionally adding wine and brine as needed.
- When the meat softens, add the tomato concentrate and flour mixed in a little water, then boil everything briefly.
You can serve fuži, gnocchi, macaroni or polenta with this žgvacet.
When cutting a rabbit into pieces, it is important to cut the bones in the joint.