Jiaozi - Chinese pillows
We translated the name of this Chinese dish of joy yaozi as Chinese pillows. It was brought to us from China by Mrs. Zlata Merlin. These pillows are interesting because in northern China, whole families prepare them together for Chinese New Year.
- Knead a harder dough from flour and water and leave it covered for about half an hour.
- Wash the spinach, blanch briefly, drain and chop finely. Chop the onion and garlic.
- Put the meat in a bowl, add the spinach, onion, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, a little salt and and mix everything together well. If necessary, you can add a little water.
- Form the dough into a roll (diameter 2-3 cm) and cut into smaller pieces. Shape into balls, flatten each one and roll it out into a small circle on a floured board.
- Place a teaspoon of minced meat and spinach filling on each circle of dough. Fold the dough, press the edges and shape into pads.
- Cook the pads prepared in this way in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing soy sauce with wine vinegar.
Drain the cooked pads and serve with soy sauce.
In addition to the pads, you can stuff the same dough with this filling by rolling it out into larger circles (10-15 cm), arrange the filling, cover with another part of the dough, press the edges and bake in heated oil on each side for about 5 minutes. Also serve with soy sauce and wine vinegar.