Chocolate and almond cake
... a perfect cake from an IKEA restaurant ... or something like that :)
- BISCUITS: Grind almonds, then mix them with flour and half the sugar
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with the other half of the sugar into a stiff batter. When you get solid snow, gradually add flour, sugar and almonds, and gently stir until everything is combined.
- Halve the whipped mass into two parts, and pour into a round mold fi 26. Bake for 180, 15 minutes. (160 if on the fan)
- CREAM: Whisk the egg yolks and sugar, then add the flour, pudding and whisk everything well. Then add to the boiled milk and stir to the desired density.
- Remove from the heat and add the crushed chocolate and butter to the hot cream. Stir until the mixture is combined. Leave the cream to cool.
- GLAZING: Put all ingredients except DAIM chocolates in a small bowl and melt over low heat. Stir until everything is combined. Chop the daim chocolates into small cubes and pour the warm (not hot) glaze over them.
- FILLING: Bark-cream-crust-cream-whipped-daim chocolate-glaze