ღ Chinese braised daikon radish
If, like me (sometimes), Wednesday and Thursday are somehow the most demanding days for cooking, because the possible leftovers from the fridge and the weekend supplies harvested from the garden have become a bit worn out, and I wish it was Friday. I like Asian dishes are simple, I occasionally like “trips” in that direction. The last thing I want is to spend hours in the kitchen, chopping, cooking and cleaning. This recipe is intended for this type of situation.❀ ヅ ❤ ♫
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the sliced onion, garlic and ginger. Simmer for a minute to simmer and the ginger to taste.
- Add the minced meat. Simmer until the surface is brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add foundation. I had the soup cooked ready, so I used about 400ml of it. Cook (stirring occasionally) until meat is evenly coated.
- Peel a daikon radish and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add to the pot with the meat, mix well. If you are using dried kombu algae, add in it as well
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, sake, sugar, miso paste and powdered spices, then pour into the dish. Cook over medium heat until radish is cooked for 15-20 minutes. Remove kombu algae from the dish. Add salt and season to taste. Serve alone or with cooked rice.
- #For a mix of 5 spices:
- Five spice is a spice mixture of five spices that are primarily used in Chinese, ie, East Asian cuisine (star anise, fennel, Sichuan pepper, cinnamon cassia, clove). There are many variants of this mixture but the most common is a mixture of star anise (bajiao), cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper (huajiao) and fennel in equal proportions. Instead of real cinnamon, Chinese, cassia can be used. Five spice can be used with fatty meats such as pork and duck. Used for stir-fried vegetables, chicken, duck, pork and seafood. Although the exact origin of this mixture has been lost throughout history, it is speculated that the Chinese are trying to make a miraculous powder that would unite all five elements. All five flavors (sour, bitter, sweet, spicy and salty) in this blend. But it is also possible that the chefs accidentally mixed these spices and realized that it can revive even the most boring dish. Either way there is no doubt that the five spice spice blend is unique. Nowadays there are specific combinations of spices to get five spice powder, some products could rather be called 7 spice because they contain seven spices. If you prepare it yourself then: A teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of roasted and ground fennel seeds, a teaspoon of ground anise, a teaspoon of smoked peppers, a teaspoon of ground cloves, mix and store, in a well-sealed five spice bowl will retain flavors and aroma for at least a year.