According to the recipe from the book "Dubrovnik Chimneys" by Jadranka Ničetić ...
- Prepare the chicory first. Stir a tablespoon of the powder into 150 ml of cold water and stir until it boils. Remove from the heat and let it settle. Strain the cooled through a thick strainer.
- Sift both types of flour with baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a thick light mixture. Pour in the maraschino, oil and chicory and stir. Gradually add the flour, stirring constantly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and mix gently with a whisk, rolling the mixture over the snow to keep the mixture airy.
- Pour the dough into a 22 cm diameter mold lined with baking paper (or greased and sprinkled with crumbs) and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about half an hour.
- Here is the original: "Prga cake It is necessary to beat 25 blankets of sugar with 8 yellow ones, add one pinch of fat, cinnamon crumbs, crushed boiled barley coffee chilled and strained, a pile of maraschino and baking powder. Slowly add 25 blankets of flour and 8 solid whites which should be slowly mixed with all the ingredients with a wooden wire. This cake is without cream like many old-fashioned cakes. "