Chicken fillet in ajvar and cream sauce
Very, very tasty.
- Cut the chicken fillet into cubes. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Fry the onion in oil to glaze. Add the sliced chicken and fry over high heat until white and dry. Add the chopped garlic and stir just to let it smell.
- Add salt and pepper, then cover with white wine. Boil until the alcohol evaporates.
- Stir in the ajvar, then pour water over the meat. Cook for about 20 minutes, ie until the meat softens and the liquid is reduced to 1/3.
- Add the milk spread and when it melts, pour in the cream. Let it just boil. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- If you don’t want a lot of cream in your meal, leave more water in the meat and vice versa. I make it with more water and 1 dl of cream. Add ajvar as desired, more or less. If at the end of cooking you decide that you need more, feel free to add, it is cooked that way. If desired, you can add a little soy sauce or worchester sauce.
- You can make rolls from meat. Place the fillets in one piece in a bag or between two transparent foils, then carefully beat with the smooth side of a meat stick. Add salt and pepper, then coat with a filling of 10 dag of fresh cow's cheese mixed with 2 tablespoons of ajvar, roll up and fasten with a toothpick. Return the meat and still everything is the same, except that no milk spread is put.
- With this dish you can serve gnocchi, mashed potatoes, rice ...