Chicken and zucchini moussaka
Extremely tasty and light version of moussaka
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and parsley.
- Wash or peel the zucchini well, then cut them lengthwise into slices up to 5 mm thick.
- Grind the chicken fillet.
- Coat the pan with olive oil and heat. Fry sliced zucchini on both sides briefly on it until they start to get colored. Take them out, add a little salt and keep warm.
- Put the chopped onion in the same pan and fry it until it turns yellow. Then add the minced chicken fillet and garlic. Season with curry, salt and pepper, and thyme. Bake, stirring, for about 5 minutes to lighten the chicken all evenly. Then allow to cool slightly. Stir 2 eggs and a little chopped parsley into the cooled mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C and coat the mold (20 × 30 cm) with olive oil.
- Arrange half of the roasted zucchini slices on the bottom of the mold. Spread the meat mixture evenly on it, and cover with the other half of the zucchini.
- From the liquid that separated while the zucchini were being prepared, and the milk, yoghurt, cottage cheese, the remaining 2 eggs and a little salt and pepper, whisk the moussaka dressing, and pour it evenly over the folded moussaka. Shake the mold lightly to pour some of the topping into the meat.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Before serving, let the moussaka stand for a while so that it does not fall apart when cut and served - by cooling, the ingredients will be slightly compressed, so serving will be easier. Sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired. Serve tomato salad and light white wine with this delicious and light meal.