Cherries in prison
Cherries trapped in loose dough-pie that my mother-in-law adores…
- DOUGH: Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt) and add butter that has previously softened from standing at room temperature. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients by hand until a lumpy mass is obtained. Separately beat the eggs and add them to the lumpy mass. Mix lightly with a fork and add a few tablespoons of water until the dough gets a homogeneous firmness. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
- STUFFING: Mix dry ingredients (density, sugar, cinnamon) and then add cherries.
- COATING: Mix the egg yolk well with the milk to obtain a homogeneous, monochromatic, semi-thin mass.
- PIE FORMATION: After half an hour, divide the dough from the fridge into 1/3 and 2/3. Roll out 2/3 of the dough on a floured board to be a little bigger than the mold in which it will be baked. Transfer the dough to the mold and remove the dough that crosses the edge of the mold with a knife. Then, spread the prepared filling over this dough.
- Roll out the remaining 1/3 of the dough and cut 12 strips for the net from it. Put the strips in the shape of a net over the filling, and remove the excess that exceeds the edge of the mold with a knife.
- Use a kitchen brush to apply the prepared spread to the strips of dough.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes in a preheated oven at 180ºC. Cool the baked pie and serve.