Cauliflower and broccoli moussaka
What can I tell you, this is a wonderful dish that you must not miss. It looks beautiful and is very decorative and I won't even write about the taste ... what a fantastic dish! This complex will adorn you, and, ha ha ha, entice you, mmm ... If possible, make it in a fireproof dish to see the beautiful colors of vegetables. I made this dish without minced meat and you can put it if you want. Instead of a layer of minced meat, I put a layer of grated cheese! It is your choice, make this moussaka as you wish
- First, cook the cauliflower torn into florets and broccoli for a few minutes, so that they do not soften too much. Take them out of the water and let them drain. Chop the onion and fry in a little oil, add the grated carrot, minced meat, / if you decide for it /, and fry and season everything together and finally add the chopped parsley. I didn’t put meat in, and I used cheese instead. In a fireproof dish, coated with a little oil, grate the uncooked potatoes on a large currant, to cover the bottom, / if necessary, add another potato /. Arrange the broccoli flowers over the grated potatoes as well as the stalks cut into rings, as in the picture.
- We put shredded cheese over the broccoli, / if you decide to put it instead of minced meat like me /.
- Put fried onions with carrots and parsley over the cheese. If you use minced meat in this filling then you do not need to put cheese beforehand.
- Over this filling, / with or without meat /, cut the flowers of boiled cauliflower, as in the picture.
- For the topping, beat a little egg, then add sour cream, milk, oil and spices as desired and stir to even out. Pour this dressing over the prepared moussaka.
- Bake the moussaka prepared in this way at 200 degrees until it turns brown.
- A cross section of this wonderful dish.
- A piece of intersection.
I served this moussaka with roast lamb and homemade bread. It is a beautiful combination with sour cream and of course everything that suits you!