Carrot meatballs with dried fruit
Can without meat… Delicious meatballs can be made from vegetables and legumes, soy or bulgur. This is (should have been) a suggestion for the February cookbook, and also for vegetarians.
- Cut the carrots into rings and cook for about 10-15 minutes, then drain and mix in a blender or multipractice.
- Chop the apricots and brown the pine nuts if desired (not necessary).
- Drain the mixed carrots well, add the egg, chopped apricots, pine nuts, chopped parsley and fresh mint, and a little pepper and salt.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of bread crumbs and form meatballs. roll them in flour a little and fry in heated oil.
- Drain off excess fat and serve warm (they are delicious and cold).
- Cook the rice on white al dente.
- Soak saffron in two tablespoons of water.
- Lightly fry coriander seeds and chopped almonds in oil, then add cranberries and cinnamon, then stir.
- Add the cooked rice and saffron, two to three tablespoons of water, mix with the fruit and let it heat up and let the rice absorb the added liquid.