Cappuccino truffle cake by Valerie Barrett
... a real treat for chocolate lovers
- Chop prunes and pour a mixture of nescafe 'coffee and rum. Leave to stand overnight or at least 5-6 hours.
- Melt the chocolate on a steamer with the butter and set aside.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and set the egg whites aside. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar, and steam until the mixture thickens. It should be of pudding density.
- Drain the prunes well from the excess liquid, and mix them together with the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Mix by hand until a uniform mixture is obtained.
- Mix the egg whites into the solid snow and finally mix in a tablespoon of starch. Stir the egg white and starch mixture into the chocolate mixture by hand. Stir gently until the mixture is uniform.
- Pour the mixture into a baking paper-lined mold with a diameter of 18 or 20 cm and bake for 40 minutes at 160 ºC. Allow the cake to cool completely, then remove the mold, sprinkle generously with cocoa powder and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.