I received this recipe about twenty years ago and it is still current ..........
- These are the necessary ingredients for the preparation of NAPOLITANE CAPONADE
- Peel a blue eggplant and cut it into cubes, add salt and leave it to stand for about twenty minutes, then rinse it with warm water. Peel a red tomato and cut it into cubes, clean the onion and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Pour a little oil into the sherpa, put onions and blue eggplant to simmer and add raisins all together, boil a little.
- Add chopped red tomatoes, salt, sugar, vinegar and mix everything well. Reduce the temperature of the hob to 2 and let it simmer.
- Add a glass of water to cook the vegetables better, let all the water evaporate and the vegetables become glassy as in the picture, then the caponade is ready.
This dish can be served hot, and it is delicious even when it is cold.