Cannelloni with spinach, mushrooms, rice and cheese
... the picture turned out a bit bad because the cannelloni can't be seen from the double cover (salsa and béchamel) :-), but, believe me, it's soooo delicious! :-)
- First you need to deep fry the onion, and then the mushrooms on it.
- Cook the rice separately, but do not overcook it.
- The spinach is washed and chopped fresh in a mincer (for this recipe, it is not necessary to boil it first so as not to kill the vitamins in it :-)).
- When the mushrooms are cooked, remove them from the oven, add chopped spinach, drained cooked rice and cottage cheese, which is previously chopped with a fork. Mix everything well and add olive oil, a little pepper, and garlic powder.
- Make béchamel from half a liter of milk.
- First coat the bottom of the refractory dish with a little béchamel, and then arrange cannelloni stuffed with a mixture of mushrooms, spinach, rice and cheese.
- When the stuffed cannelloni are stacked, pour over them the salsa of 1 can of peeled tomatoes, and over the salsa the rest of the bechamel sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180-200 degrees for about 30 minutes.
You don't really have to make salsa in particular. This time I just sifted the peeled tomatoes, added olive oil, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic powder, mixed everything well and poured over the cannelloni; that is, without cooking, if you are in a hurry or if you do not want to cook salsa separately because it will boil in the oven anyway :-) These cannelloni go well with lettuce.