Cake with apples and mascarpone
This apple cake is one of the classic traditional Italian desserts. Instead of butter, mascarpone cheese is used, which gives the cake softness and a delicate taste.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Peel three apples and cut them into cubes. Cut one into fetishes, coat with lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix eggs and sugar for at least 7 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- In another bowl put the mascarpone and add 2-3 tablespoons of the previous mixture, whisk with a mixer to soften the cheese. Now combine these two mixtures, this time mixing lightly with a spatula from the bottom to the top, and finally mix in the flour.
- Add the apple cubes and lightly knead them into the dough with a food processor.
- Grease a 24 cm diameter cake tin with butter, sprinkle the bottom with flour, pour in the mixture and flatten.
- Arrange sliced apple fetishes on the mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes. If necessary, cover the cake with foil so that it does not darken. Check with a toothpick if it is done. Cool the cake in the mold.
- Sprinkle the cooled cake with powdered sugar or cinnamon if desired.
- 18.6. Excellent with apricots too!