A simple and very tasty side dish. Great with chicken but also other types of meat.
- Fill the sieve with water and wait for it to boil.
- Wash the cauliflower and separate it into flowers (I like to leave them larger so that they don't dry out too much when fried).
- Put cauliflower in boiling water, reduce the heat a little and leave it to cook for up to 5 minutes - no longer. It only needs to soften slightly but to practically stay firm, never to boil!
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and add the and milk, stir a little more.
- Heat the oil (about 1 cm deep) over medium heat, it should not be too hot but not too mild.
- Roll the cauliflower in flour, then dip it in the mixture with the eggs and then roll it in flour again.
- When frying, turn the cauliflower from time to time so that all sides are baked until golden brown.
- Drain the oil on a paper napkin and pickle the freshly ground pepper (I like to use a mixture of black, green, red and white pepper).