I’ve seen that there are a lot of recipes for buns, but most are baked in the oven. These are fried and that's why I make the recipe available ....
- Crumble the yeast in a little lukewarm water.
- Mix the flour with the salt, and add the risen yeast.
- While mixing with the mixing attachments, add the lukewarm milk and the rest of the water little by little. The dough should be soft, so add water or flour as needed. It’s over when it starts to separate from the bowl.
- Cover the bowl in which you kneaded with a cloth and put it on warm to double the volume of the dough (I put the bowl in a lukewarm oven, it succeeds every time).
- Knead the risen dough on a floured surface, roll it out to 1 cm thick, shape buns (I cut into squares 20x10 cm) and cut in the middle (my mom calls it torn panties).
- Bake the buns in hot fat (I mix the oil and lard, that's the real taste then). Put them on paper towels to drain, eat warm.